[Review] This BN Manifesto serves as a good reference to understand more about what other countries are doing about the Environment.
17. Preserving Nature’s Resources:
* Giving financial incentives to commercial and private premises which invest in renewable green energy resources such as biomass and solar
* Allocating more space for green lungs within major cities
* Revitalising rivers and streams via increased allocations and enactment of stricter laws and by-laws, and via special UNDP and River of Life programmes
* Increasing educational programmes to inculcate appreciation of the environment
* Preserving our forest and undertaking re-forestation programmes
* Enacting stricter and updated laws to prevent illegal activities of deforestation of vital and strategic conservation areas
* Employing green and latest state-of-the-art technology in waste disposal and management.
Read more: Highlights of the BN Manifesto – Latest – New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/highlights-of-the-bn-manifesto-1.249809#ixzz2PkyFR0eD
Side note: Is green technology synonymous with being environmentally friendly??
Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/p/286894154774986